But which framework is actually best suited for which project? Here you can read what we found out.
Small or business, front end or backend – JS is suitable for everything.
Let’s explore some of the best JS frameworks available in web application development markets.
It is tiny (less than 8 KB gzip), fast, and provides routing, and XHR utilities. It supports all browsers like IE9 without requiring polyfills.
Companies such as Nike and Fitbit and other open-source platforms such as Lichess use Mithril. It uses a sophisticated and optimized virtual DOM algorithm to minimize the number of DOM updates.
The reason Mithril supports a rendering model that rebuilds the entire virtual DOM tree is to provide a declarative API, which makes it easier to manage the complexity of the user interface.
Mithril is pragmatic because it’s easy to learn components, routing, and XHR in less than 15 minutes to start building applications.
It has built-in modules for XHR and routing, while React requires third parties and a lot of memory. In addition, the library load time and the upgrade performance of Mithril are faster than React or Angular, or even Vue! The size of Vue.js, which is also small and compact, is still larger than Mithril. Unlike Vue, Mithril has fewer concepts and organizes apps in terms of data layers and components.
- Core Function: provides hierarchical MVC components, URL routing, secure templates, and customizable data binding by default.
- Components: creates components with an optional controller and a required view property.
- Performance: loads in less than 5 ms compared to other frameworks. It is the fastest MVC library in the TodoMVC benchmark.
- It is orthogonal to the module system and compiled syntaxes, so developers can use ES3 freely. IT5. ES6, asynchronous module definitions (AMD). It also contains a TypeScript definition.
- Has a very active development and proper documentation.
- An intelligent auto redrawing system.
- It is Flux compatible, robust, and unbiased.
- It is a java-only script that consists of virtual DOM.
When it comes to comparison with Angular, Mithril’s small codebase size allows for easy testing, making it faster than Angular. Unlike Angular, Mithril provides introductory tutorials and a detailed section of API references that includes everything developers need to know when building apps.
It is used by many Google services and websites. It is used by Youtube, Google Play Music, and Netflix to name a few.
Because components are the greatest strengths of polymer, it provides better support for web components and better offline modules than React.
The power to react and polymer can be used to have a more component-oriented future for web development. The components of Polymer and Angular directives have some similarities but have a different approach to creating custom HTML elements.
Polymer describes components in an HTML file, while Angular components can be split into multiple files. It is also considered one of the best means to work with Spring Boot REST resources compared to other JS frameworks.
- Web components: The Web component standards are useful for creating usable widgets in the Web documentation and application. These components are reusable Web components. The components can also be used to break down an app into parts of the right size to make coding cleaner and more cost-effective.
- Data binding: With this library, both one-way and two-way data binding is possible.
- Polyfills: It uses the latest APIs for web platforms and provides polyfills for browsers. Polyfills are Web component specifications that create their own custom and reusable elements.
- Based on the Web Standard API, which can be used to create custom HTML elements.
- Provides gesture events along with conditional and repeating templates.
- It provides the ability to assemble encapsulated JS, CSS, and HTML as custom elements.
- Speed: In Chrome it’s three times faster and in Safari it’s four times faster.
- Elements consist of designs and themes, which means that developers cannot customize a complex Web page source code to meet the designer’s needs.
After all, Google will soon release next-generation products, including LitElement, an ultra-lightweight base class for custom elements with an expressive and uncomplicated API. Since the Chrome team has polymer back, we can assume that Web Components will be the future for the development of progressive web apps (PWA).
Node.js processes multiple requests asynchronously with a non-blocking single-threaded event loop that is well suited to distributed systems that make many network demands. It is used by companies such as Uber, PayPal, and Walmart, a reflection of its worldwide acceptance as a back-end language.
Mention of a practical fact – When using Node.JS for their application, they found that the app was built twice as fast with fewer files and code. Also, requests per second were doubled and the response time was reduced by 35%. Compared to other frameworks, Node.JS is useful for generating database queries because JS is used to write queries for databases such as MongoDB and CouchDB.
Another reason to choose Node.JS may be that it is ideal for collaborative real-time or editable apps where the user sees that the document is being modified by another user, such as Google Text & Tables or Dropbox live. Also, Node.JS has the largest ecosystem of open source libraries, the npm package ecosystem. The latest update to Node.js provides better support for ESM.
- Proxy Server: Node technology helps to stream data from different sources and can be used to proxy some servers.
- No buffering: The applications in node never buffer data. This is because the applications output the data in blocks.
- Asynchronous and Event-Driven: The APIs of the Node Library are asynchronous. This means that the server is not waiting for an API to return data, so the data is rendered asynchronously and each request is answered faster.
- Scalable and Single-Threaded: Node uses single-threaded models consisting of event loops. This event mechanism helps servers respond asynchronously, making the servers highly scalable. The single-threaded program used can provide services for a large number of requests compared to the Apache HTTP server.
- Same code for client-side and server-side.
- The NPM package is very useful because it contains all the files needed for a module.
- The node is very fast because it is powered by Google’s V8 engine.
What distinguishes it from the other frameworks?
It was released three years ago. Its popularity has become increasingly popular lately due to its simplicity.
Svelte is a component-based front-end framework such as Responsive and Vue. There is a big difference between these frameworks. It does not use Virtual DOM such as React, Vue, etc .., it runs at construction time and converts your components into code that runs in the browsers, while others perform the operations in the browser itself.
Some points you should know about Svelte.
- It is also called a Disappearing Frame since there is no work of the framework in the browser.
- Svelte Files has .svelte extension.
- We can write CSS in slim files even within the style keywords.
- It uses reels as a buffalo.
- The syntax of the Svelte is slightly different and easy to learn.
Let’s see the benefits of Svelte.
- Performance: It competes with top frameworks such as React, Vue, and Angular in speed and size.
- Very little bundle size compared to other frameworks.
- We can write all styles for the components to the same file within the style tags.
- It comes with a state management system.
- We won’t find any lean-related files in browsers.
Svelte is ideal for small projects. And if you need to create an app in a short time, choose Svelte. It’s a beginner-friendly framework.
Meteor is also written in C or C++ and supports operating systems such as Windows and Linux. It comes with the npm bundle, so developers can easily type ‘meteor npm’ without having to install it themselves.
Meteor.js supports the three main UI rendering libraries Angular, React, and Blaze (Blaze was created as part of Meteor). A beautiful UX pattern in Meteor is the optimistic user interface. The optimistic user interface prevents server round trips, so the user experience is faster than React.js or Angular.
- Reloading the live browser: If we make changes to the front end, Meteor automatically reloads the live web pages. Built-in live reloading allows you to update only the required DOM elements without having to reload the entire page.
- Full Stack Solution: Meteor offers a full-stack solution for the development and use of web applications.
- Easy to set up and create projects.
- Highly scalable and beginner-friendly.
If we look closely, Meteor is a combination of NodeJS, Blaze, Angular, React, Cordova, and MongoDB and is, therefore, it is the “One for All” package.
Because Angular has bundled all its components into a large package, it becomes difficult to remove or modify components in this architecture. Aurelia, on the other hand, consists of a huge collection of libraries that work together through well-defined interfaces, making it completely modular.
It has an MV* approach like no other framework because no specific controllers need to be specified for view models. It is more elegant and much easier to understand compared to React and Angular2. While Aurelia takes a modern and reactive approach in its binding system, Vue uses a virtual DOM just like to React.
Features and Benefits of Aurelia.io
- Two-way data binding: Provides an efficient way to observe each property in a module and automatically synchronize with a user interface with the best performance.
- Expandable HTML: This feature of Aurelia allows developers to create custom HTML elements and add custom attributes to existing elements with full support for dynamic loading, data binding, and batch rendering.
- Routing and UI composition: Helps you use an advanced client-side router with a pluggable pipeline, child routers, and asynchronous screen activation.
- Wide language support: Aurelia supports ES5, ES2015, ES2016, and TypeScript. The APIs are designed to be compatible with the popular web of today and tomorrow programming languages.
- Testing: Testable with DI container on ES2015. Testing unit codes is very simplified.
- It is easy and quick to configure and set up for use.
- It has a simple structure that makes the framework faster and easier to learn.
- It is very efficient and modular.
Aurelia also provides good coding and a well-designed system for creating SPAs without the need to use third-party libraries. Compared to Mithril.js, it has an excellent CLI for faster development of projects consisting of hot reloads and generators. Developers looking for a great alternative to React or Angular can see Aurelia as a great option.
Although it is easy to compare all these frameworks based on their features, there can be no specific answers as to which of these ten frameworks is the absolute best and the best solution to an individual problem. This is because there is no perfect solution for every situation.
Although they all perform somewhat similar functions, they all have one or two features that are specific to them and give them a competitive advantage over others. These powerful features make it challenging to choose a framework from all of these features. At the end of the day, it melts together with the nature of your application.
At this moment, the framework that best suits your needs is ultimately the best framework of all.
Rahaf Ebraheem Itechonics - Web Developer