But which framework is actually best suited for which project? Here you can read what we found out.
Small or business, front end or backend – JS is suitable for everything.
Let’s explore some of the best JS frameworks available in web application development markets.
Angular.js is a popular open-source front-end development framework. It is primarily used to develop dynamic single-page web applications (SPA).
AngularJS transfers all content from the server to the browser and loads all web pages at the same time. Once you load the content, clicking a link on the page does not reload the entire page content. Instead, the sections on the page are simply updated.
Large organizations like PayPal, Freelancer, LinkedIn, Lego, Hopscotch, and several others run their user interfaces with AngularJS.
It expects the browser to create the page. This does not place a great burden on the server and therefore leads to faster loading of pages.
It has a NativeScript for native apps during an Ionic framework for hybrid apps. Also, it allows you to add conditions, loops, and local variables directly to a template, as well as to track, process, and view user changes using data binding.
Angular was initially dependent on TypeScript, making it more consistent in open-source projects. With the latest Angular version, however, it’s much more.
It has a router and supports form checks by its very nature. It completes the user experience by controlling navigation between pages and managing user behavior and actions.
Angular was developed with the vision to make it modular, testable, and maintainable. Thus, it is an excellent result framework for front-end development.
- Data Binding – The two-way data binding feature saves developers from writing a lot of code. It is the automatic synchronization of data between model and view components.
- Templates – The HTML templates are analyzed directly into the DOM by the browser.
- Dependency Injection – js has an integrated dependency injection (DI) that supports natural development, understanding, and testing.
- Instructions – This feature makes it easy to create custom HTML tags that behave like new custom widgets. You can use this feature to edit DOM attributes.
- It can be configured in both MVC and MVW architectures
AngularJS is a cross-platform framework. The code is clean, understandable, and contains fewer errors due to controller and data-based rendering.
React.js is most preferred when a powerful enterprise application needs to be delivered to its users. Instagram and Facebook UI support it.
There was a constant war between the choice of Angular and React.
- React is more flexible than Angular because developers need to work with independent libraries with comparatively better response times.
- React is excellent at handling small and stateless functions that receive input and return elements as output. It focuses on JS ES6 and Flow can be used to enable type checking in React.
Each project in React has a different architecture and limited guidance. As a result, errors can easily occur. React is primarily used for the V (view) in the MVC model. Because the user interface can be updated without reaching the server and having to get a new view.
If there are multiple views for an application, ReactJS is the best choice because each view requires a different widget. Various components or widgets can then be copied to the views. Using Angular for Views is not a good idea as it can lead to many complications and unwanted problems. Therefore, ReactJS is best for creating widget-based views.
- Components: React is declarative and component-based. The Web pages are divided into small components to create user interfaces. Component functionality is handy when it comes to managing code when working with large projects.
- Data binding: One-way data binding along with an application infrastructure called Flux Controls. It makes it easier to think about an application, and Flux is a pattern that keeps data unidirectional.
- A React.JS-based page consists of a virtual DOM. For each DOM object, there is a representation (copy) of that DOM object.
- You can easily use React with other frameworks such as Angular.js and Backbone.js.
- Maintenance of React is simple and straightforward due to the component-based architecture and reusability of the defined components.
- React can be used on the server-side this allows distributing the rendering load from the server to the client as needed.
Ember is also an open-source framework that allows developers to create a single page and large web applications. It was a high-level framework that was built up very flexibly.
While Angular and React are flexible and less empathetic, Ember makes many assumptions about the application and lets developers live up to their expectations.
With Ember and other important tools, a complete development stack can be formed. It has a widget-based approach called Ember components. Ember’s handlebar layout and back-end architecture allow you to write an application-specific HTML tag for developers.
Templates built into the handlebars are automatically updated when the underlying data changes and the encoding is significantly lower. Websites such as LinkedIn, Vine, and Live use Ember. Also, you can use it to build desktop and mobile applications.
One of the most notable applications of Ember is in apple music, the desktop application. Ember has a powerful routing system compared to React or Angular.
In the case of updates, Ember is ahead of many frameworks, and new features are often added.
- Works on the Model View View Model (MVVM) pattern and follows the configuring convention (CoC)
- Ember CLI: Provides a standard application structure and creates pipelines. It is a command-line program that comes with the software stack of the Ember framework.
- Glow Templates: The user interface includes templates written with the template language for handlebars.
- Inspector tool: is useful for debugging applications.
- HTML and CSS form the core of the development model.
- The data library is excellent.
- Build-in test tools and nested user interfaces.
- Client-side rendering and URL support are available.
- Minimizes the DOM.
One great thing Ember users prefer over the other frameworks is the easy-to-understand API and work with. It allows the use of complicated functions in an easy-to-understand way. Developers can start a project immediately with the configured environment.
Vue.js was released in 2014 and is the fastest-growing framework adopted by developers. It is a lightweight progressive JS framework that draws many of its concepts from ReactJS and AngularJS.
It has a similar template style to Angular and component-based props like ReactJS. Vue provides a simple and fast solution for applications, user interface, and interactive web interface development. It can support advanced one-sided web applications.
The most important advantage of selecting Vue over React is that Vue automatically tracks the component’s dependencies when rendering. Thus, the system knows which component needs to be rerendered when a state changes.
This prevents additional optimization work and allows the developer to focus more on building the app.
Vue provides rendering capabilities, supports JSX, and a valid HTML code can also be a valid Vue template. The method for style in Vue is in style tags in single-file components. Individual file components provide full access to CSS in the same file as the other component code.
- Templates: Vue uses HTML-based template syntax. All templates in Vue are valid HTML that is analyzed using HTML parsers and specification-compliant browsers. Render functions can be written using JSX.
- Transitions: Vue allows you to apply transition effects when elements are inserted, removed, or updated from the DOM.
- Components: This is considered one of the most powerful features. Components extend the basic HTML elements to include reusable code.
- It has a tiny footprint
- Easy to understand and develop
- Flexible and easy to integrate
Vue is a more flexible and modular front-end development framework than Angular. It consists of a clear separation between the components and policies.
It provides the MVP network that abstracts the data in models, the Document Object Model (DOM) in views, and binds these two using events.
Unlike other frameworks, Backbone’s developer is responsible for selecting the right tool that best suits a particular project. There is no own template engine in Backbone.
Companies such as Sony Entertainment Network, Airbnb, and SoundCloud use Backbone.js for their projects.
The excellent support for RESTful APIs allows models to be mapped to RESTful endpoints. Also, bi-directional data binding is avoided because it’s not very useful for real-world apps. Both Backbone and Angular can handle smaller pages well. However, as the page increases, the bi-directional data binding feature in AngularJS shows reduced performance.
In Backbone, developers must write the binding themselves. This can increase the amount of code. But has the advantage that you can focus on improving performance without having to worry about the underlying framework, and in such a scenario it will be better than angular.
- RESTful JSON interface: Backbone is a framework/library with a RESTful JSON interface based on the Model-View-Presenter (MVP) application model. JSON is a format that is lightweight and performs data serialization, while the RESTful interface consists of the characteristics of the REST architecture.
- Backend Synchronization: Models in Backbone.js can be tied to a backend because Backbone provides excellent support for RESTful APIs.
- Event-driven: Event-driven communication between views and models prevents the code from being difficult to read.
- It uses a compelling
- Programming style when dealing with DOM.
- It has a strong dependency on Underscore.js and a soft dependency on jQuery.
- HTML is automatically updated when changes are made to a model
- A simple library that separates user interface and business logic.
- It consists of over 100 extensions. It helps organize codes and acts as a backbone for each project.
Backbone is also considered the best “model” and “controller” for ReactJS to complete the MVC pattern. While Angular offers templates for dynamic HTML attributes that have been added to documents, Backbone builds underscore templates that give it an ember-like format.
Although it is easy to compare all these frameworks based on their features, there can be no specific answers as to which of these ten frameworks is the absolute best and the best solution to an individual problem. This is because there is no perfect solution for every situation.
Although they all perform somewhat similar functions, they all have one or two features that are specific to them and give them a competitive advantage over others. These powerful features make it challenging to choose a framework from all of these features. At the end of the day, it melts together with the nature of your application.
At this moment, the framework that best suits your needs is ultimately the best framework of all.
Rahaf Ebraheem Itechonics - Web Developer